Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Costa Rica-Pura Vida

We just returned from a 4 day vacation in Costa Rica (we meaning Heather and Scott-no Lauren). I don't think I even have the words to describe what a wonderful time we had together. I hope the pictures do justice to the paradise where we were living. It was absolutely breath taking. I woke up every morning saying out loud how gorgeous it was. I tried to sleep in but Scott was up and at 'em early, which was so out of character. I am going to try to briefly describe each day because each day was so different but also so perfect.

Day 1
The Costa Rica airport was a little crazy, but we found the driver of our van right away and we headed to paradise. We spent the afternoon by the pool and in the hot tub. It rained a little, but we didn't care, we just enjoyed being together. When we were getting ready for dinner there was a small earthquake that shook us around a bit. We weren't sure why the floor was shaking until later on that night when we over heard some people talking about the earthquake.

Day 2
We slept in, but like I said Scott turned into a vacation early bird. Weird! We went down to the beach in the morning and just enjoyed lounging around and playing in the ocean. The ocean had super strong waves so it was fun to play, but not relaxing. We went snorkeling in the afternoon and Scott found out very quickly that a life jacket makes snorkeling for 45 minutes much more enjoyable than trying to swim the whole time. It was absolutely amazing. We saw a ton of fish and it was just cool to actually get to see what is swimming around you in the ocean. We both loved it.

Day 3
This was our adventure day. We started off by taking a van ride to the nearby surfing town called Tamarindo. This is were the adventure begins. From here we drove ATV's through the rain forest and I almost broke my leg, but I still managed to have fun. Our tour guide took us through some crazy stuff and as you can tell by the pictures we were covered in mud at the end. So we drove these crazy things to a canopy zip line. Basically you ride a zip line from platform to platform (8 platforms in all) through the jungle. We even rode one of the zip lines backwards while hanging upside down. UPDATE: Zip Line pictures now posted!

Day 4
I told Scott that I wanted no adventure this day, just relaxation. He tried to talk me in to kayaking but I stuck to my no adventure rule. We spent the whole day just relaxing by the beach and at the pool. Scott has the sunburn to prove it. We watched the sunset on the beach and just enjoyed how beautiful everything was. We had steak and lobster for dinner and ice cream for dessert. I am not sure that life gets much better.


No comments:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker